Monday 7 June 2010

my body is a cage- arcade fire



so flavour of the month over at doodle caboodle (http://thedoodlecaboodle.blogspot.com/) is songs. there's like 9.2 billion things i'd like to draw for this but there's never going to be enough time. sad face. was listening to arcade fire's my body is a cage and this rather emo-tastic image popped into my head.

it's meant to be a dude trapped under a film of skin but... eh. the hands lack anything close to conviction. a booooooooo. lesson learnt? alway, always, ALWAYS draw that shit out on paper first. you have a fantastic tendency to forget how shit works once you boot up painter.

MUSIC!



this isn't one of my favourite songs of theirs but god damn, these guys know how to write a tune. they also hit my weak point for big ensemble pieces with lots of strings and horns for super massive damage. aren't they currently working on a project with spike jonez? oh my god, that shit is going to be tight.

No comments: